Hello! Yesterday was Mattias’ birthday and I thought I’d surprise him with a little song as well as a scrumptious Orange Mug Cake.
Mug cakes are super easy and quick to make and there’s so many tasty recipes online! All you need is a few baking essentials, a cute mug and a microwave.
Easy Orange Mug Cake Recipe
(Makes 1 Mug Cake)
Let's start with the cake batter
- 3 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- A ash of vanilla extract
- 3 Teaspoons Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Light Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Meal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 30g Melted Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Put all the ingredients in a mug and beat one by one
- Put it in your microwave and heat it for 1 minute 50 seconds.
- That’s it.
Top it off with icing
- 4 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Thin Grated Orange Peel Strips
- Mix the icing sugar, water and orange zest until you get a sticky paste
- Smother your tasty icing on top of your mug cake
- Sprinkle some strips of orange peel for a tangy aesthetic!
ENJOY YOUR MUG CAKE!
It’s pretty damn easy to make mug cakes, I must say. It’s quick and efficient and you have a tasty treat in a matter of minutes.
If you do end up making your own Orange Mug Cake using this recipe, I’d love to have a look! Tag me in your photos on Instagram @TheLeonieSii.